In this week’s episode of Freedom Fast Lane, Ryan Daniel Moran interviews Ilan Ferdman of Satori Prime, who discusses brain enhancement and nootropics. If you want to know how to hack brain activity and success, then you must listen to this podcast for insider info!
Man Questions Asked:
- What is this trend of biologically upgrading your brain?
- How do cognitive enhancers compare to caffeine, and can you explain the categories?
- What are racetams? Where does it come from and what does it do to your body?
- Stuff in a lab usually freaks us out, why do you feel safe taking this stuff?
- How does that it make you less addicted or dependent on something like coffee?
- What is the difference when you take Piracetam?
- How is Piracetam different from the other racemtams, and what can you tell us about those?
- What are the side effects and long-term effects on the body?
- Are there any other racetams we should know about?
- Talk about botanicals.
- What is the overall effect people are going for by trying to up their brain game? What is it they are trying to accomplish and why is it so common with entrepreneurs specifically?
- What is the reason you would ban something that is supposedly perfectly safe in sports?
- Are you only taking these because you want a certain effect or are you taking them as a multivitamin to keep you at your best?
- Where do you buy nootropics?
Key Lessons Learned:
- Cognitive enhancers are supplement based products used to have your brain work at optimal conditions, such as more oxygen, more bloody and more synaptic connections.
- Results include enhanced learning and memory, facilitates a better mood and better reaction times.
- These are not energy stimulants so you still need to have good sleep patterns.
- There are also supplements called botanicals and nutraceuticals.
- Every body and brain chemistry is different, so what will work on one person may not work on another.
- The side effects are minute and the most common side effect is headaches.
- If you drink one cup of coffee a day for two weeks, you are addicted to coffee.
- Your body can have flu like symptoms if you don’t have coffee (if you are addicted).
- Caffeine also has cognitive enhancing properties.
- When you get coffee you have no idea how much caffeine is in that coffee.
- Racetams are created in a lab and were developed more than 50 years ago.
- Each Racetam has its own properties and effect on your body, e.g some improve memory, are focused based, enhance sensory perception and reaction time.
- You can buy a sampler pack of racetams, then track each day what they do for you to find out what is best suited.
- Phenylpiracetam – extreme focus (outlawed in NFL and Olympics as a performance enhancing drug).
- Aniracetam – decreased anxiety, improve mood, and increased learning.
- Oxiracetam – improved memory, advanced learning, and greater focus.
- Piracetam – easy one to start with and works on 85% of people. It gives you the ability to focus on your daily tasks and helps you retain information better and puts you ‘in the zone’.
- Pramiracetam – advanced logical thinking.
List of Mentions:
- Yerba Mate
On your iPhone? Listen on iTunes here
Links to Resources Mentioned
2 click to tweet links (clicktotweet.com)